Monday 14 July 2014

colour connotations in magazines



Different colours can convey different meanings or connotations to the viewer.









I would use yellow for sport because the meaning of yellow is about fun, humor, lightness, personal power, intellect, logic and creative. I would use yellow for the background and then use red for the cover lines. e.g. 

I would use orange for gaming because the meaning of orange is about creativity, optimism, pleasure and emotional expression. I would use this orange for the background and yellow for the cover lines. e.g. 

I would use red for ponies because the meaning of red is about physical energy when ponies are running around, for there stamina and there stability for when they are standing. I would use red for the background and blue for the cover lines. e.g. the most amazing pony ride ever!

I would use green for bakery because the meaning of green is about balance, communication and nature. I would use green for the background and orange for the cover lines. e.g. how to make the best valentine cakes ever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment